The Oberoi Cecil


We picked this place for the last day of our stay in Shimla- mainly due to its strategic location. The hotel is situated in the city, at Chaura Maidan in Shimla; thus making it easily accessible to a number of tourist spots like Viceroy Lodge, Botanical Garden and the Mall. It is also quite close to the Shimla Railway Station and Airport.

When we entered the hotel, we were greeted with garlands and teeka; not to forget the welcome fruit punch- I would have loved the traditional gesture if I were a foreigner but being an Indian, I was a bit embarassed by the extra attention I received...blush blush!! The hotel has wooden floorings, red plush carpets and breathtaking paitings, giving a classic charm to it. The rooms were impeccable too; but we got a room that faced the roadside, so we were not quite pleased with the view. The property itself was quite massive, with all amenties expected from a 5-star hotel. We had breakfast and dinner from The Restaurant- a fining dining place within the hotel. I liked the Continental Breakfast Buffet they served- the Banana Bread was freshly baked and sausages well cooked. We had an Indian dinner- Mutton Gosht and Chicken Biryani- cooked to perfection.

I wouldn't recommend going to Cecil for one's honeymoon, it is more of a business or family visit friendly place. Not that the hotel is not true to the Oberoi Brand in any manner- it just didnt add to the romantic feel of a honeymoon, unlike Wildflower Hall (in my opinion!). So would I go back to Oberoi Cecil for my second visit to Shimla? Yes if i am going with family, but if i go for a second honeymoon with hubby dear, I would prefer Wildflower Hall!














Subscribe To Travel n Treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers